Support The Arts today!

Support The Arts today!
Check out the new work! let me know what you think.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

If a Mexicano fall on the border and no one see's him does he…



I'm back and asking the age old question "if a Mexicano/a falls on the border and no one sees him/her do they really…" The fact of the matter is that after attending a really great lecture at the SAIC where a couple of friends where speaking at I realized that as much potential that the Mexican community has here in Chicago between the cultural aspects and the sheer buying power for some reason the Mexican/American community is basically invisible. Well as much as I would like to get on my soap box and lecture for days about this situation I'm going to leave it at that if any one has anything to add to that feel free to write.

Now back to the purpose of this post, to keep you all updated an what's going on with my work in the studio. I have kind of paralyzed with all kinds of concerns at the studio most of which is financial. Work is slowly starting to come back and my painting continues to go on a very adventurous path I am in the process of trying to sell off earlier works to make space and raise funds for the studio. My group at Community Links H.S. is frustrating me as much as anything right now it seems that all these kids that "want" to learn to paint have all of a sudden become soccer "stars" or would rather play dodge ball. Huh! I mean I really like the group and I know they're young H.S. kids but as someone who values time more than anything it is very frustrating.

And there it is is the true purpose of this blog and to my knowledge all blogs, my complaint box so thanks for listening and I look forward to any responses.

Oh and just to let you all know I am getting ready for a solo exhibit at Chicago State University in September so hopefully I will still be able to maintain my studio so I can get work out for that.

No comments: